Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting the Garrett's blog! Okay, so its really Brittany's effort. Wade will only be mentioned and in a few pictures here and there. I don't know if he's ever seen a blog, much less thought about posting events and pictures for the world to see.

I'm heading to Orange Beach, AL this weekend with Wade's little sister, Erin. This will be her first trip to the Gulf of Mexico and my first trip to Orange Beach. She's fourteen years old, so it will be interesting to find things to do that don't make her roll her eyes. At the advice of my aunt who lives in Orange Beach, I suggested to Erin that maybe we take a dolphin cruise. She loves photography and animals and I figured it would be a good opportunity for her to show off her mad picture-taking skills. She makes my pictures look like a three year old picked up someone's disposable camera, licked the lens and then tried to get as close to the object as possible before blinding them with the flash. I'm still planning on taking my camera, mind you. But I am a little intimidated.

This weekend marks the first time I've been to a beach since going to Negril, Jamaica last fall. I'm pasty white and expecting a fierce sunburn. No matter how much sunscreen I use, the SPF or how many times I reapply, I will be crispy like a Thanksgiving turkey. This is also the first time I have travelled with someone considerably younger than me. I don't want to be the annoying "adult" who has to remind her to use sunscreen. She's old enough to where I won't need to escort her to the ladies room, right? Man, I'm in trouble!

Well this introduction turned out a bit longer than I had anticipated! Back to work ...

No comments: